What you need to Know about Advanced Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD). Passing the CKAD Exam – Tips and Tricks. Kubernetes preparing for the cka and ckad certifications pdf download.
Behind me are the arrangements and the CKAD test. Then it’s time to summarise and write down interactions that may help someone pass this test. I’m going to attempt to expose you to Kubernetes certification in this article. I’m going to present materials to help you study for the CKAD exam well. I will also post some tips during the exam that will definitely be helpful. [Udemy] Learn DevOps 2021: The Complete Kubernetes Course.
People also ask
- 1. How difficult is CKAD exam?
- 2. How do I prepare for the CKAD exam?
- 3. How many questions are there in CKAD exam?
- 4. How long is CKAD valid?
- 5. DevOps Kubernetes Course Content [Beginner’s Guide]
What does the CKAD exam look like?
In partnership with The Linux Foundation, the Kubernetes Certification Program is under the care of the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF). It is this authority who is the certificate issuer. The Kubernetes examinations are distinct from other cloud examinations. Both examinations at Kubernetes (CKAD, CKA, CKS) are 100% practical.
Here, you will not face any open or closed questions. The exam consists of solving tasks that will be made accessible to you during the examination on the Kubernetes cluster. The terminal would be your only working instrument. The terminal, indeed. This is why it is really necessary to learn the terminal and software such as vim.
This method of qualification is, in my mind, much more interesting than a series of multiple-choice questions. First of all, you will learn not only the principle during training, but you will develop skills that will be useful in your later work with K8s. You will find that you don’t need to practise much for such an exam if you already have experience working with Kubernetes.
The test is a fight against time. In 2 hours, we have 19 exercises that we have to solve. There is a particular percentage of weight in each question. From tasks for 2% to tasks for up to 13% . This weight is also not sufficient for the task’s difficulty. There will be functions that include solving two console commands. More complex ones that require a couple of minutes will also be present.
What does the CKAD exam environment look like
The test is administered using the website of the Training Portal. I have a diagram below of what the examination setting looks like.
The exam is taken in the browser. You have the option of using an extra tab to open one of the following domains in the main exam browser.
A bar indicating the time left for the exam will be visible here (without the exact minutes). There is a drop-down list of all the questions next to the timer.
You will work on multiple clusters of k8s during the test. You will be prompted to create the necessary meaning for each query. The command to set this background in this box will be visible. Until each mission, it is necessary to use this order not to execute the task on the wrong cluster.
Register Courses for this Year
- Coursera Cyber Security Courses Online Free and Paid Classes
- 15 Best Cyber Security Courses | Coursera Online Free Training
- 10 Free Kubernetes Courses Online Tutorials [Udemy]
This field would indicate the task’s content and the weight of the stage. The tools you are about to create will also be called after tasks. You can copy it to your clipboard and paste it into the terminal by clicking on the name.
Bar with Feature. You will have access to chat with the protector in this bar, open the notebook, or the button that ends the exam early. In this article, you can discover how helpful a notebook can be later.
Browser Terminal. It is wide and sufficiently legible. Unfortunately, opening another window isn’t feasible. There is, however, an alternative to use the tmux tool, which enables a single window to be broken into multiple small pieces.
Basic information about the CKAD exam
- 19 tasks to be done
- 2 hours to complete the tasks
- The questions are scored as a percentage. In my case, there was one task for 13%, some for 6% — 9%, most for 2% — 6%
- I had the impression that the weight of the points did not always reflect the complexity of the task. The 13% task was quite simple, while there were 4% that required more time
- Exam tasks are scored partially. We may not fully complete the task, but receive some points for correctly performed steps.
- 66% is required to pass the exam
- You can wait up to 36 hours for the exam results
- In the event of failure to pass the exam, we have the option of using the second attempt for free. You will need to reschedule
- The cost of the exam is $ 300. There are often programs in which the CNCF updates the exam and then it is possible to take the beta-exam for free, in which we also have the opportunity to obtain a certificate
- The certificate is valid for 3 years
- The exam is carried out under the supervision of a proctor who will want to see your exam position before the exam. No personal items, watches, or even paintings/posters on the walls are allowed.
- It is possible to use an extra monitor. You will have to share both screens with the proctor.
- In the case of Windows systems, the clipboard works only under the shortcut Ctrl + Insert & Shift + Insert in the case of macOS it is the standard Cmd + C & Cmd + V
How to prepare for the CKAD exam?
There is a lot of content on the Kubernetes website. It is not a trick to find materials for studying, but to pick the most useful ones. I will list resources below that I feel will train you for certification well.
In my situation, my first interaction with work at K8s was also the planning for the test. I was only familiar with the idea of this network beforehand. I’ve been practising for about 2 months, but it was not very rigors and normal. On the first attempt, however, it helped me to pass the exam and get a 99 percent score.
Udemy & KodeKloud Course –
This is one of the best outlets for studying for a credential in my view. The course consists of video materials covering the content spectrum required for CKAD. What’s more important, we will obtain access to KodeKloud tools as part of the course.
The author has planned a series of practise tests and activities on this website. The best way to prepare for the test are these Mock Exams and Lightning Laboratories, as they reflect very well what we will find during the examination. I’ve mostly based my preparations on this forum.
Question Bank –
Training, practise, and exercise is training for the exam. You have to learn editing using Kubectl and Yaml formats. You’ve got to do it soon, even automatically. You have to translate it on the fly during the test, while reading a question, and your fingers already need to know what commands they can write.
Working on exercises included below to practise this. These activities can be performed on the Udemy course on the KodeKloud website. Alternatively, you can locally instal the minikube, or put Kubernetes in the cloud elsewhere.
Killer.sh CKAD Simulator – exam simulator.
A fun way to check if we’re ready for the test. The roles are deliberately more demanding than those in the test. I haven’t used it myself, but I’ve seen some positive feedback of this simulator.
- Top Kubernetes Courses Online – IT & Software Development [Udemy]
- 10 Free Kubernetes Courses Online Tutorials [Udemy]
- Linux Operating Systems for Kubernetes – OS Support
- Container 101 Tutorials: Kubernetes Technology
- 10 Best Udemy Kubernetes Courses & Tutorials 
CKAD Tips & Tricks
The time has come for this post’s most interesting point. Here are some tips that I hope will be helpful during your test.
Notes – in the selector, we do not mark questions. And we’ve got to work with strategies of our own. Here, a notebook comes in handy. We may list the question numbers with their weight even before beginning the test, and eventually complete the status of the task completed during the examination. It seemed like this to me:
1. 6% OK # not done
2. 13% NOK # done
3. 2% CHECK # done, but required verificatiom
N. 4% OK
You should use a text file instead of a notepad that you can edit with vim. It is likely that the content of the notepad will vanish if the environment is restarted, while the file will not disappear.
Just as you are likely to customise your own environment and make it simpler and quicker for you to work on it, to save precious minutes, it is important to configure the examination environment. The full setup I used in my exam is below.
sudo -i # immediately after starting exam, I recommend switching to root so that we are not surprised by the lack of some access # 1. ~/.bashrc configuration # The following configuration can be found at: # https://kubernetes.io/docs/reference/kubectl/cheatsheet/#kubectl-autocomplete # aliases must be remembered source <(kubectl completion bash) echo “source <(kubectl completion bash)” >> ~/.bashrc alias k=kubectl complete -F __start_kubectl kalias change-ns=”kubectl config set-context — current — namespace ” # Namespace change alias current-ns=”kubectl config view — minify | grep namespace” # Display the current namespace # You can also try a few additional aliases, for example: alias kap=”kubectl apply -f” alias kgp=”k get pods -o wide — show-labels” # 2. ~/.vimrc configuration # The following configuration will set the tabs and indents appropriately, so that created yaml files will have correct structure set nu et sw=2 ts=2
The best friend in the review is documentation. This is where you can find all objects with yaml descriptions. This is where a detailed setup can be searched for. A cheatsheet with commands in it can also be found. As you plan, learn to locate details easily in order to work smoothly. Using a text search engine, ideally. You can also build your own Chrome bookmarks directory or use one of the ready-made ones.
I discussed this before, so I will repeat it again. There’s a namespace you have to pay heed to. Until each job, after setting the context, it is better to search and set the namespace needed for the task. We should set it to default if it is not stated in the task body.
Don’t waste your time
Don’t waste time debugging when you’re stuck on a mission, particularly if that task is too tiny. To come back to it later, mark this job in the notebook. Even, directly after finishing it, do not check each mission. When you have ample time, it is even easier to come back at the top.
Before starting the task, read its content fully.
A facile advise, but I came upon it myself. I read part of the challenge and began to do it. Later, I read that the actions I have taken can not be pursued and the mission can be done in a different manner. I wasted valuable minutes this way.
Come on and make friends with it if you haven’t seen it that long yet. In the test, there will be a lot of work with Yaml scripts. Smooth vim navigation plays to your benefit. All you need to do is get acquainted with simple features like copy, paste, delete, redo, go to the end of the line and find a term in the text.
Topics related to what do i need to know about ckad
This article is about what Student Should Know about Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD) Exam.
- cka exam
- ckad exam questions
- cka passing score
- ckad exam tips
- ckad exam preparation
- DevOps Kubernetes Course Content [Beginner’s Guide]
- Udemy+GitHub Docker Mastery Kubernetes Course Content
- [Udemy] Learn DevOps 2021: The Complete Kubernetes Course
- How to Prepare for Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD)
- Docker Mastery Courses: Udemy Kubernetes +Swarm from a Docker Captain
- Best Kubernetes Certified Application Developer (CKAD) with Tests Coupons
- Best Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) with Practice Tests Free Downloads