Edge computing market size, analysis, trends, & forecasts. The global market for edge computing categorized by hardware, platform etc. Edge Computing Market have a Segments like a Mobile Edge Computing, Fog Computing, IoT, Data Caching, Analytics, Environment Monitoring, Augmented Reality, Location Services this are the main Segments.
Article Directory – Table of Contents
- Edge hosting will develop into a mature market
- Kubernetes will dominate, but there will be no business process winners
- Artificial intelligence will leave the data center to the edge
- Dedicated 5G networks will become popular
- Public cloud growth will slow down, while edge spending will grow
- Edge Computing Market share
Forrester said that the new business model that will “turn edge computing from a scientific project into a real value” is mainly based on two factors: cloud platforms must compete with artificial intelligence, and the widespread popularity of 5G will make edge use cases more practical.
Considering these two driving factors, Forrester made five predictions on how the development of the technological world will directly affect edge computing.
- Working Safely from Home – Online Security Measures in this Pandemic
- Importance of Web App Security over the Increasing Web Application Attacks
- Hybrid Cloud Security Puzzle: Integrated Solutions for Cloud Computing
- Make Sure Your Security Policies Survive the Transition to the Cloud
- Best Methods to Improve Information Security in Companies
- Healthy Ways to Guarantee Public Cloud Security: Best Practices & Guidelines
1. Edge hosting will develop into a mature market
Forrester said that content delivery networks like Akamai and Fastly are beginning to target edge computing needs, which has led them to contact hosting companies to find widely distributed small data centers in which applications can be hosted away from their services. The crowd is closer.
Even large hosting companies lack the localized presence needed to meet edge computing needs, and the small local companies needed to complete edge services are often overshadowed by those large companies. By this year, hosting market aggregators such as Edgevana and Inflect will become attractive choices for CDNs and global hosting leaders that meet the needs of enterprises, even in rural areas.
2. Kubernetes will dominate, but there will be no business process winners
Forrester predicts that lightweight Kubernetes deployments will account for 20% of edge orchestration in this year, but this does not mean that the battle for edge orchestration will end. Canonical, Huawei, OpenStack, Rancher and other companies are also trying to expand their lightweight, edge-optimized platforms, and competition will be fierce in the coming year.
3. Artificial intelligence will leave the data center to the edge
The use of artificial intelligence in edge computing will change dramatically: learning will begin to happen at the edge instead of training machine learning models in the data center.
Thanks to new chips from Intel and Nvidia, as well as new machine learning technologies such as enhanced and joint learning, this transition will become possible. Forrester said: “Edge application intelligence will flourish to accelerate digital transformation, especially in industries that must connect the physical and digital worlds in real time.”
4. Dedicated 5G networks will become popular
Forrester said that the nationwide 5G provided by major telecom networks is insufficient to meet the needs of edge computing. It will be replaced by a dedicated 5G network deployed and developed by manufacturers such as Ericsson, Huawei and Nokia.
Dedicated 5G networks will be used for remote inspection, monitoring, quality assurance, remote monitoring, predictive maintenance and employee safety in factory floor automation, AR/VR, etc.
5. Public cloud growth will slow down, while edge spending will grow
As the market matures, the growth rate of the public cloud market will drop from 42% few years ago to 24% in years to come. This is replaced by the explosive growth of edge computing growth, which means that for companies that have invested in cloud-like edge computing and content delivery solutions (rather than centralized data centers), there will be more growth.
At the same time, public cloud entities will not disappear, but they will not dominate the future of distributed computing. “Their culture is based on massive data centers and strict control over the architecture, which is exactly the opposite of what companies need to provide services to customers locally. Vendors with a winning formula will do better.”
- 10 Trends of IoT Communications Development
- Top Rated Unified Security Management Software
- Mobile App Development Trends and Technologies
- WeTransfer App Pro Alternatives – Plus Websites
- 10 Predictions for Information Data Centre and the Cloud
Edge Computing Market Share
According to globalnewswire.com, the Edge Computing Market will grow at a CAGR of 37.5% during the forecast period, with a base value of $4.04 billion in 2020, to $26.62 billion in 2026. It will also help in aligning data acquisition and handle functions, storage of high bandwidth content, and applications closer to the end-user. The Edge Computing Market was valued at USD 1,756.5 million in 2019, and it is expected to reach a value of USD 8,294.5 million by 2025.
Global Edge Computing Market as Amazon, Inc., General Electric Company, Microsoft Corporation, Intel Corporation, SAP SE, Alphabet Inc., Schneider Electric SE, IBM Corporation this are the Leading Players of Edge Computing Industry.