This post will show you How to Secure your System against DNS attacks. First of all, to address this growing threat, Palo Alto Networks launched a new feature called DNS Security. This is in combination with the anti-spyware functionality provided through the Threat Prevention license.
This feature uses a cloud service that is updated in real-time from various feeds in order to detect traffic to known-malicious domains. Also, domains which were created from a Domain Generation Algorithm (DGA).
The DNS Security feature takes valuable information about known-malicious domains from multiple trusted threat-intelligence feeds. They now combines it with machine learning and predictive analysis. So as to dynamically identify and block access to domains created by DGAs.
However, when a client sends a request to a malicious domain, the Palo Alto Next-Generation Firewall (with DNS Security configured) intercepts the traffic. It then compares the DNS request with information within the cloud database.
Note that, if the request shows up in the cloud database as malicious, or if DNS tunneling is suspected, the DNS request can be automatically dropped. This not only allows the connection to be stopped. But, also lets an analyst know that there is a device on the network that may require further investigation.
Topics related to Secure your System against DNS
- how to secure dns server against attack
- Report dns hijacking – Secure your System
- Get the dns security umbrella
- What is dns poisoning
- dns security best practices
- What is dns spoofing
- dnssec – Secure your System
- dns hardening
- 10 Trends of IoT Communications Development in 2021
- 2021 Top Rated Unified Security Management Software
- 2021 Mobile App Development Trends and Technologies
- WeTransfer App Pro Alternatives – Plus Websites 2020/2021
- 10 Predictions for Information Data Centre and the Cloud in 2021
DNS Security 101: The Essentials You Need to Know to Keep
DNS Security alludes to the protection measures that involve the DNS protocol. … As you may already know, the DNS (Domain Name System) has not been … to address translations in a single table on a single host (HOSTS.
What is DNS Poisoning and How to Protect Your Enterprise
1. Deploy DNSSEC. DNS Security Extensions are widely used to protect the server’s register against outside tampering. This system employs complex cryptography, digitals signatures, and additional methods for DNS request authentication.
DNS spoofing: how it works and how to protect yourself against it › Security › DNS spoofing.
The Domain Name System (DNS) is a distributed system used worldwide for translating internet domain names into IP addresses. The DNS …
How to Prevent DNS Spoofing and DNS Poisoning in 2021
Are the Lizard Squad planning an attack on for Christmas? … strategies for not only securing your own network against DNS poisoning, but also … So, let’s silence the alerting system, and get down to what DNS poisoning is, …
DNS Security Solutions to Protect Your Network
360° DNS Security solution provides protection against all DNS attack types: … the countermeasures the …Oct 3, 2019 · Uploaded by EfficientIP
6 Ways to Strengthen DNS Security – CircleID
The domain name system (DNS) grew to prominence during the initial, … To defend against all types of DNS-based attacks, use a solution that …
DNS Security: Defending the Domain Name System
Ask any security professional what keeps her awake at night and you will most likely get a response about protecting the organization against phishing attacks.
- Working Safely from Home – Online Security Measures in this Pandemic
- Importance of Web App Security over the Increasing Web Application Attacks
- Hybrid Cloud Security Puzzle: Integrated Solutions for Cloud Computing
- Make Sure Your Security Policies Survive the Transition to the Cloud
- Best Methods to Improve Information Security in Companies
- Healthy Ways to Guarantee Public Cloud Security: Best Practices & Guidelines