Do you want to reset your MTN transfer PIN and you do not know how to go about it? Well do not worry, I will guide you on how to do so.
The MTN Transfer PIN, is a secret code you use for confirming transactions of any kind, it could be sending airtime, transferring or withdrawing money, paying of bills and so on.
furthermore, there are times you forget your pin and you want to reset it. in this article I will show you exact way to reset your transfer pin, so you can keep sharing airtime without any problems.
What is MTN Transfer Pin
MTN Transfer PIN, also known as MTN Share ‘n’ Sell PIN, is a secret security code used by MTN telecommunications company, this code protect your transactions be it airtime, credit or withdrawal.
Furthermore, this pin is a code that only you is to know as it is your secret password for your transactions. It is a convenient and safe way to share mobile credit with friends, family, or anyone on the MTN network.
MTN Share also known as (Share ‘N’ Sell) is a service provided by MTN, telecommunications company, that allows you to easily transfer airtime or credit from your MTN account to other MTN customers.
This service however, helps you to connect with friends and families by sending them airtime whenever they are in need of it.
The MTN service is available for people using either prepaid or postpaid, as this platform makes sharing of airtime simple and stress free.
How to Reset Transfer Pin on MTN
Are you thinking on how to reset your Transfer PIN on MTN? Worry less as are in the right place at the right time. The transfer Pin is an important secret code of four digit that only you have access to for making transfers.
In this article, I will show an easy steps to reset your Transfer PIN, so you can keep sharing airtime with no worries. Follow the guide below:
- You must first change the default PIN, which is 0000 before you can transfer airtime.
- Send an SMS to 321 with the text “Default PIN New PIN New PIN”. Send an SMS to 321 with the text ‘0000 1234 1234’.
- You can also change your PIN by dialing *321*Default PIN*New PIN*New PIN# on your phone and then pressing send/ok. For instance, dial *321*0000*1234*1234# followed by send/OK.
After this process have been completed, you will receive an SMS confirming that your PIN was successfully changed.
How to Transfer Airtime Using SMS
Sending airtime to friends and family using SMS is easy and convenient. If you are wondering how to do it, you are in the right place.
To transfer airtime using SMS, follow the steps below:
- Send an SMS to 321 with “Transfer, Recipient’s Number, Amount, and PIN”. You can, for example, send an SMS to 321 with the text ‘Transfer Phone Number 1500 1234’.
- You will receive an SMS after sending this message asking you to confirm that you want to make the transfer by texting ‘YES’ to 321.
The above list are steps to transfer airtime using SMS. I hope this guide helps.
How to Transfer Airtime Using USSD Code
Transferring airtime using USSD code is a simple and fast process, all you need do is to dial the code, enter the receivers phone number, transfer amount, put your secret code that is your password or PIN, follow the prompts to confirm, and after that you will receive a message that your transfer was sucessful.
Here are steps to follow:
- On your phone, dial *321*Recipient’s Number*Amount*PIN# and then click
- Send/OK. For example, Dial *321*08031234567*1500*1234# and then send/OK.
When the transfer is finished, you will receive an SMS informing you that it was successful.
- Airtel Data Plan, Prices and USSD Codes for 2023 Internet Subscription
- 9Mobile Data Plan and USSD Codes for 4G LTE & 3GLTE Internet Bundle
- Jaiz Bank USSD Code: How to Transfer Money, Bank Code & Requirement
- MTN Internet Daily and Monthly Bundle USSD codes for One Day Browsing
Facts to Know About MTN Share
Below are some important facts to know about MTN share:
- The range for transfers is between NGN50.00 and NGN5,000.00 for a single transaction.
- You are allowed to transfer up to NGN50,000.00 from your phone to one or more MTN accounts each day.
- You can send money only in whole Naira amounts, not in smaller units like kobo. For instance, you can transfer NGN71.00, but not NGN71.99
- If the amount you want to transfer exceeds the airtime balance in your MTN prepaid account, the transfer won’t go through, and you’ll see an error message.
- There is no limit on how many transactions you can do in a day.
- If you are a postpaid customer, you can only transfer airtime when your account has a positive balance. If your account balance is negative (e.g., N-300.00), you won’t be able to use MTN Share. Conversely, with a positive balance (e.g., N1,000.00), you can transfer airtime up to that available amount.
How to Transfer and Share Data on MTN
Transfer and data sharing on MTN service provider is simple and stress free. This can be done anywhere and anytime.
You can share data with MTN using the My MTN App. Follow the steps below to do that:
- Open the MYMTN App.
- Click on ‘view details’ below the column for buying data and airtime.
- You will be led to a new page, choose the option labeled ‘share data’
- Now, click ‘new number’
- Now, enter the mobile number that you want to share the data, and choose the amount.
- Click ‘share data’
- Follow the remaining steps to share your data.
Understanding the process on how to reset your MTN Transfer PIN, share airtime/data, and transfer airtime using USSD codes gives you easy tools to handle your mobile transactions without stress.
When you reset your PIN, you keep your details safe. However sharing airtime/data or using USSD codes to transfer airtime helps people to connect and get financial help without trouble.
Learning these steps helps you use your MTN services well, making it convenient to stay connected and assist others whenever needed.