First Bank Nigeria PLC, commonly known as First Bank, is the premier and one of the oldest financial institutions in Nigeria.
Its history dates back to the late 19th century, making it a significant player in the country’s banking industry.
It was established in 1894. First Bank can proudly claim the title of being the first bank to be founded in Nigeria and West Africa at large.
Its original name was the Bank of British West Africa (BBWA) and it was a subsidiary of the United Kingdom’s Standard Bank, which is now Standard Bank Group.
Over the decades, First Bank has continued to expand its footprint both domestically and internationally.
Thereby, strengthening its position as a prominent player in the Nigerian banking industry.
However, with their extensive branch network and digital banking capabilities, they have made it accessible to millions of customers across the country.
First Bank’s Mission
Be committed to safety and soundness. Provide accurate, prompt, courteous service.
Make it easy for our associates to deliver the best value to our clients, and easy for our clients to do business with us whenever, wherever, and however they choose.
Help our clients and associates build and achieve goals.
How to Open an Account with First Bank Nigeria
Opening an account with First Bank Nigeria is a straightforward process, and the bank’s staff will always be there to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.
Opening an account with First Bank Nigeria PLC, is quite easy if you follow the simple steps I will show you below.
- Visit a Branch: Visit a nearby First Bank branch that offers account opening services. You can find this information on the bank’s official website online.
- Choose an Account Type: Decide on the type of account you want to open. First Bank offers various types of accounts, including savings accounts, current accounts, and fixed deposit accounts. Consider your financial needs and the features of each account type to make the best choice for you.
- Gather Required Documents: Prepare the necessary documents for the account opening process. This typically includes a valid form of identification such as a national ID card, international passport, or driver’s license, a passport-sized photograph, and a utility bill or any other proof of address.
- Fill The Application Form: Request for an account opening application form from the bank staff, or you may find it available on the bank’s website to download and fill out in advance. Provide correct and up-to-date information on the form.
- Submit Your Application: Submit the completed application form and the required documents to the bank staff at the account opening desk. They will review your application and guide you through the process.
- Initial Deposit: In most cases, you will need to make an initial deposit to activate your account. The required minimum deposit amount varies depending on the type of account you are opening.
FBN PLC Short Codes and Their Functions
With the emergence and acceptance of online banking by everyone.
The bank through its steady evolution has also adopted other channels to provide quality service to its teeming customers.
By dialing *894#, you have a wide range of service promptings to choose from. The list below will show you what you can do with the USSD banking code:
The codes are safe and secure, but do not give your details to just anyone to avoid fraudulent activities.
- Balance Inquiry: Check the balance of their bank accounts. *894*00#
- Airtime Purchase: Recharge their mobile phones or those of family and friends. *894*the amount*phone number#. If its for yourself, just dial *894*amount#.
- Funds Transfer: Transfer money between their First Bank accounts or to other bank accounts. Dial *894*amount*account number#
- Bill Payments: Pay utility bills, such as electricity, cable TV, and more.
- Cardless Withdrawal: Generate a code to withdraw cash from an ATM without using a physical debit card.
- Mini Statement: Get a brief statement of recent transactions on their accounts. Dial*894*Account number#.
The above promptings are easy to access, and can be used without internet connection. All you need is a good phone.
If you encounter any problem, kindly walk into the banking hall to resolve it put a call through to their customer care hotlines on the website.
First Bank Nigeria Sort Codes
A sort code is a unique alpha-numeric representation of a bank’s branch and its details. This helps transactions move smoothly.
Below is the list of FBN’s sort codes:
|1||011151003||F.B.N. H/OFFICE FIN CONTROL|
|11||011041100||BENIN KING SQUARE|
|12||011041113||BENIN MISSION ROAD|
|20||011191212||IBADAN (ORITA CHALLENGE)|
|21||011191238||UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN|
|22||011071248||UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR|
|29||011241382||EVWRENI (DELTA STATE)|
|45||011251534||EMENE IND. ESTATE|
|69||011191212||IBADAN (BANK ROAD)|
|77||011151883||IKEJA IND EST|
|78||011151896||ILUPEJU IND EST|
|85||011151964||MURTALA MOHAMMED AIRPORT|
|92||011202046||UNIVERSITY OF JOS|
|93||011232058||ABA FACTORY ROAD|
|97||011152099||IKEJA (ALLEN AVENUE)|
|99||011112110||KADUNA (BANK ROAD)|
Other Services Offered by First Bank Nigeria
Additionally, FBN offers other numerous services such as,
- Investment and wealth management
- Agricultural financing.
- First Insurance
- Agency banking
- Foreign exchange and remittance.
First Bank Nigeria PLC, a pioneering and prominent financial institution, provides a wide range of banking services and solutions to meet diverse customer needs.
With a history spanning over a century, the bank continuously evolves to offer quick, convenient, and secure banking experiences through various channels, including mobile and internet banking.
Furthermore, it demonstrates dedication by supporting sectors like agriculture and facilitating cross-border transactions, which drives economic growth and fosters financial inclusion.
As the bank continues to innovate and expand services, First Bank remains a trusted partner for individuals, businesses, and communities, effectively shaping the future of banking in Nigeria.
- FCMB: First City Monument Bank Limited, All You Need to Know about Personal &…
- Zenith Bank: How to Open an Account, Internet Banking And Codes
- 10 Type of Banks and Financial Institutions – Local & International
- USSD Transfer Codes: List of Nigerian Banks Code to Transfer Money