FCMB (First City Monument Bank) is a financial institution based in Nigeria. It is a commercial bank that provides various banking services to individuals, businesses, and corporate clients. FCMB offers a wide range of products and services, including savings and current accounts, loans, credit cards, investments, and electronic banking solutions.
FCMB is one of the leading banks in Nigeria and has a significant presence in the country’s banking sector. However, it’s worth noting that the banking industry can change rapidly, and I recommend checking more recent sources for the latest information about FCMB and its offerings.
About & History of FCMB (First City Monument Bank)
FCMB Limited is an independent incorporation. It is a subsidiary of First City Monument Bank Ltd (FCMB), a member of the FCMB Group PLC, and a leading financial services group based in Nigeria.
This followed the issuance of Regulation 3 by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in 2010, which required banks to divest their non-Banking businesses or retain them under a CBN-approved financial group structure.
First City Monument Bank Ltd (‘FCMB’) is the flagship of the Group and is a wholly owned primary banking entity.
From its early origins in investment banking as City Securities Limited in 1977, FCMB has emerged as one of the leading financial services institutions in Nigeria.
Incorporation And Licensing of FCMB
It’s incorporation is as a private limited liability company on 20 April 1982 and granted a banking license on 11 August 1983.
On 15 July 2004, the Bank changed its status from a private limited liability company to a public limited liability company subsequently listing on the Nigerian Stock Exchange, by introduction, on 21 December 2004.
However, prior to the formation of the holding company in June 2013, FCMB was converted to a private limited company.
As at December 2017, FCMB had 3.7 million customers and 204 branches in Nigeria and a wholly owned subsidiary in the United Kingdom.
FCMB Bank (UK) Limited began operations as a BIPRU €50k investment firm in September 2009 with its CSL Stockbrokers division proving the services of “receiving and transmitting” institutional client orders for Nigerian listed securities. In this post you will find out USSD Transfer Codes: List of Nigerian Banks Code to Transfer Money.
Regulation of FCMB
Subsequent to the regulatory approval of a variation of permission on 27th September 2013.
Thereafter, the Bank commenced wholesale deposit taking activities, offering a wide range of products including foreign exchange, treasury, corporate banking and trade finance services for corporate and institutional customers.
Furthermore, following a further variation of permission in June 2018 the Bank expanded its proposition to include Personal and Business Banking, providing first-rate banking services to High Net Worth Individuals and Business Enterprises.
Types of FCMB Bank Accounts
FCMB (First City Monument Bank) offers various types of bank accounts to cater to the different financial needs of private persons and business corporations. However, keep in mind that banks can introduce new account types or update existing ones over time, so it’s best to verify the current offerings from FCMB’s official website or by contacting their customer service.
These are are some common types of FCMB bank accounts:
- Savings Accounts:
- Current Accounts
- Fixed Deposit Accounts
- Domiciliary Accounts
- Corporate and Business Accounts
- Salary Accounts
Now, we will through more light on these types of FCMB bank accounts for better understanding.
1. Savings Accounts:
These accounts are designed for individuals to save money and earn interest on their balances. FCMB offers different variants of savings accounts, including regular savings accounts, kids’ savings accounts, and targeted savings accounts for specific goals.
2. Current Accounts:
Current accounts are transactional accounts typically used for everyday banking needs. FCMB provides current accounts for individuals and businesses, offering various features such as checkbooks, debit cards, and internet banking access.
3. Fixed Deposit Accounts:
Fixed deposit accounts allow customers to deposit a lump sum amount for a fixed period at a fixed interest rate. These accounts are suitable for those looking to earn higher interest on their savings while keeping the money locked for a specific period.
4. Domiciliary Accounts:
FCMB offers domiciliary accounts denominated in foreign currencies like US Dollar, British Pound Sterling, and Euro. These accounts enable customers to hold foreign currency deposits and make international transactions.
5. Corporate and Business Accounts:
FCMB provides various banking solutions for businesses and corporate clients, including current accounts, business savings accounts, and specialized accounts to meet their financial requirements.
6. Salary Accounts:
FCMB offers salary accounts for employees of organizations, enabling employers to pay salaries directly into their employees’ accounts.
Remember that First City Monument Bank account features, requirements, and benefits may vary for each account type, and additional services like online banking, mobile banking, and debit cards may be available for certain accounts.
Before opening an FCMB account, it is make sure you understand the terms and conditions, minimum balance requirements, and any associated fees or charges. For the most up-to-date information on FCMB bank accounts, please refer to their official website or visit a nearby FCMB branch.
How to Open an Account With FCMB
You can open an FCMB Savings Account from anywhere in the world and get your account number instantly. All you need is the following:
- Scanned copy of passport photograph
- Scanned copy of signature
- Name of account holder
- Address and other personal information
If opening an account for a minor (0 – 15 years), you have to provide a scanned copy of child’s birth certificate and passport photograph and attach to the account opening form.
- Zero minimum operating balance
- Attractive and highly competitive interest rate
- Free access to secure mobile and internet banking
- The debit card is usable anywhere in the world
- How to Choose the Best Bank to Open Checking Account
- 10 Type of Banks and Financial Institutions – Local & International
- How to Know if Your Bank is Contacting You or an Online Scammer
- 10 Important Mortgage Terminology About Home Loan Financing & Terms
- Jumbo Loan and Interest Rates: How to Qualify with Basic Requirements
- Best USA & Canadian Mortgage rates: Market Update- Factors and Terms
WHAT DO I NEED TO OPEN FCMB BUSINESS ACCOUNT?
- CAC/Registration certificates
- Identification Card
- Scanned Signature
- Passport Photograph
- Tax identification number
FCMB EASY ACCOUNT
With the FCMB Easy Account, you do not need to visit the bank or have data. Simply open a bank account with your phone number – no document required! This product answers the needs of everyone, particularly the unbanked segment in Nigeria.
FCMB USSD Codes
FCMB (First City Monument Bank) provides various USSD codes that customers can use for banking transactions on their mobile phones. Please note that USSD codes and services may change over time, so it’s always best to verify the codes with the bank or check for any updates on their official website or from reliable sources.
Below are some common FCMB USSD codes that were available:
- Check Balance Inquiry: *329*00# This code allows you to check your account balance.
- Airtime or Recharge Purchase: *329*Amount# Use this code to buy airtime for your registered mobile number.
- Fund or Money Transfer: *329*Amount*AccountNumber# To transfer money to another FCMB account, use this code, followed by the amount and the recipient’s account number.
- Transfer to Other Banks: *329*Amount*AccountNumber# To send money to accounts in other banks, use this code, followed by the amount and the recipient’s account number.
- Change PIN: *329*0# If you want to change your USSD PIN, use this code.
- Bill Payment: *329*Amount*BillCode# To pay bills (e.g., electricity, water, cable TV), use this code, followed by the amount and the bill code.
Please, remember to make use of your registered phone number associated with your FCMB account when using these USSD codes. Also, ensure you have enough airtime on your phone to perform the transactions, as some transactions may attract service charges from MTN, GLO, AIRTEL and ETISALAT networks.
What is the USSD code for transfer?
To transfer funds: Dial *966*Amount*Account Number# then follow the on-screen prompts.
Update your BVN: *966*BVN
Reset PIN: *966*60#
Deactivate mobile banking: *966*20*0#
Features and Benefits of FCMB Bank Account
- Your telephone number, without the first zero, is your account number.
- The self-service, stress-free and secured FCMB Easy Account is available on all GSM networks in Nigeria
- It can be operated from any location in Nigeria
- Allows you to send and receive money to and from friends, families and business partners across all banks in Nigeria
- Data is not required to operate the account
- This account is not inferior to other bank accounts.
What do I require to open an Easy Account?
- A mobile phone number
How to open an FCMB Easy Account
- Dial *329#
- Follow the simple instructions
No opening balance is required.
No document and BVN is required.
How to pay money into your First City Easy account
- Pay cash into your account at any FCMB branch or Agent Banking location
- Transfer money from another Bank account
- Select FCMB Easy Account from the list of Banks
- Enter your phone number without the first zero
How to withdraw money from your account
- Use your debit card at any ATM or POS
- Withdraw cash from any branch near you
- Transfer money to any FCMB Agent. Receive the money from the agent.
FCMB Loans (Types of First City Monument Bank Loan)
FCMB (First City Monument Bank) offers various types of loans to its customers in Nigeria. Some of the loan products that FCMB provides include:
- Personal Loans: These loans are designed to meet personal financial needs, such as education expenses, medical bills, vacations, or any other planned or unexpected expenses.
- Business Loans: FCMB offers loans to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and corporate clients to support their business operations, expansion, or working capital needs.
- Salary Advance Loans: This type of loan from First City Monument Bank allows employees to access a portion of their salaries in advance to meet urgent financial requirements before their payday.
- Auto Loans: FCMB provides financing options for purchasing new or used vehicles, allowing customers to pay for their dream cars in installments.
- Mortgage Loans: FCMB offers mortgage facilities to help individuals and families achieve their dreams of owning homes.
Editorial Update: It’s important to note that loan products and terms may have changed from time to time. Therefore, I recommend visiting FCMB’s official website or contacting their customer service to get the most up-to-date information on their loan offerings, eligibility criteria, and interest rates. As with any financial decision, it’s essential to thoroughly review the terms and conditions of the loan before proceeding.
This amazing financial institution is a dynamic and customer-centric financial institution.
They provide a wide range of innovative features and seamless operations to meet the diverse needs of its clients.
This commitment to excellence is evident in their comprehensive suite of banking products and services, robust online and mobile banking platforms, and extensive branch network.
By so doing their services are designed to suit and give, convenience and accessibility to customers across Nigeria and .
- Zenith Bank: How to Open an Account, Internet Banking And Codes
- USSD Banking: Full List of Nigerian Banks And Their Transfer Codes
- USSD Code for Heritage Bank: How to Check Balance and Transfers
- Access Bank USSD Code: How to Enroll and Transfer Money quickly
- Credit Score Check, Reports and Highest Range in Your Finance
- Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB) Mobile Phone USSD codes
- First Bank Nigeria PLC, Their Services, Sort and USSD codes