WeTransfer Support. Troubleshooting. Trouble sending. The “Oops, something went wrong..” error. You’ve actually just ended a move and everything appeared to go smoothly in the process when you get an email from We Transfer. “Oops, something went wrong…” it says.
The “Oops, something went wrong..” error
This email could mean two things:
- the transfer was not successfully received by us
- the email of the recipient wasn’t correct.
The transfer was not successfully received by We Transfer
Enable Wetransfer to understand why the conversion was unsuccessful: When a transfer upload starts, we break it into smaller chunks so that it can be transferred more quickly, one at a time. When all of the components arrive at their destination, they are reassembled to form the transfer.
- WeTransfer vs Dropbox Business | File Sharing Comparison & Alternatives
- Google Drive Review & Product Details | Pros & Cons.
- New WeTransfer Reviews – All Discussions and Comments
- Transfer Files & Folder using WeTransfer Options
- Recovery – WeTransfer Forgot your password: Recover Account
However, a missed link or the file being open in another programme will cause one of these tiny pieces of your transfer to be misplaced, resulting in the transfer being unfinished even if it appears to be complete when we obtain the final piece. This mistake resulted in the message “Oops, something went wrong.” Retrying the upload normally solves the issue, and the move is sent with all of the parts intact.
The email of the recipient wasn’t correct
If the “Oops” email says it’s about the recipient’s email, we think there’s a problem with the recipient’s email address you entered. First and foremost, double-check that the recipient’s email address is properly pronounced and that there are no spaces at the beginning or end of the address you entered.
And if you are 100 percent certain that the email address is right, the receiver may have ended up on their email processor’s bounce list.
The email address is added to the bounce list when their emails are refused by the recipient’s mail server. A spam filter, a full mailbox, or a ‘out of office’ response may both have contributed to this.
If you’re curious about what triggers a bounce, you will hear more about it here: I no longer get your emails. Fortunately, there is a simple solution. Just send We Transfer an email (including the recipient’s email address) and we’ll get your recipient back in no time. Oops something went wrong has been solved.
We transfer Troubleshooting Articles
- I can’t add files to my transfer in Safari!
- My files are getting stuck uploading in Safari
- My upload speed is slow – Solution is here
- Is my Antivirus blocking my transfer?