This post has Popular Cloud Computing Interview Questions & Answer. Over the years, it has been important for people to know the frequently asked cloud computing in job interviews. You can also encounter them in tech exams. Sometimes, you are most times required to pass these tests and exams to get an employment. Without wasting time, lets dive in for more details.
So, written below are some of the most popular Cloud Computing interview questions and answers that has been asked in many companies.
Top Cloud Computing Interview Questions 2022/2023.
(1) What is cloud computing?
The word Cloud computing is an internet based new age computer technology. First of all, it is the next stage technology that uses the clouds to provide the services whenever and wherever the user requires it. As a matter of fact, it provides a method to access several servers world wide. See more on cloud computing here. We have also given an explanation on Multi-Cloud Definition | What is MultiCloud?
(2) What are the benefits of cloud computing?
Bear in your heart that the main benefits of cloud computing are the following:
- Productivity increase.
- Powerful server capabilities.
- Data backup & storage of data.
- It is very cost effective plus time saving.
- Saas: Software as Service.
(3) What is a Cloud?
A cloud service is a combination of networks. It is also a merging of hardware, services, storage. Lastly, it interfaces that helps in delivering computing as a service. It has three basic users:
- Final end-users
- Business management users
- New Cloud service provider
(4) What are the types of data used in cloud computing Service?
Currently, there are different data types in cloud computing service. They includes; website/blogs, emails, contracts, images, etc. We are all aware that data is increasing on a daily basis. Therefore, they are required as a new data types to store another new data. Take a fresh sample, if you want to store video then, you require a new data type.
(5) Which are the different layers that define cloud architecture?
Written below are the best different layers that are used by cloud architecture:
- Cloud Controller (CLC)
- Cluster Controller
- Storage Controller (SC)
- Node Controller (NC)
(6) Which are the platforms used for large scale cloud computing?
As of now, there are only two platforms that require large scale cloud computing:
- Apache Hadoop
(7) What are the different layers in cloud computing? Given Explaination
There are 3 layers in the hierarchy of cloud computing.
- Infrastructure as a service (IaaS): It provides cloud infrastructure in terms of hardware as like memory, processor, speed etc.
- Platform as a service (PaaS): It provides cloud application platform for the developer.
- Software as a service (SaaS): It provides the cloud applications to users directly without installing anything on the system. These applications remains on cloud.
- What is BaaS? | Backend-as-a-Service vs. Serverless: enables developers to concentrate on the frontend of their apps while utilising backend services.
- What is FaaS (Function-as-a-Service) in Cloud Computing? It is a serverless backend service that allows developers to build modular code that may be performed in response to specific…
(8) What do you mean by software as a service?
Software As a Service (SaaS) is an important layer of cloud computing. It provides cloud applications like Google is doing. Usually, it helps facilitate users to save their document on the cloud and create as well.
(9) What is the platform as a service?
It is also a layer in cloud architecture. This model is built on the infrastructure model and provide resources like computers, storage and network. It is responsible to provide complete virtualization of the infrastructure layer, make it look like a single server and invisible for outside world.
(10) What is on-demand functionality? How is it provided in cloud computing?
Cloud computing provides a on-demand access to the virtualized IT resources. It can be mostly used by the subscriber. Furthermore, they use shared pool to provide configurable resources. They contain shared pool contains networks, servers, storage, applications and services.
(11) What are the platforms used for large scale cloud computing?
Apache Hadoop and MapReduce are the platforms use for large scale cloud computing.
12) What are the different models for deployment in cloud computing?
These are the four different deployment model in cloud computing:
- Private cloud
- Public cloud
- Hybrid cloud
- Community cloud
(13) What is private cloud?
Private clouds are used to keep the strategic operations and other reasons secure. Basically, it is a complete platform which is fully functional and can be owned, operated as well as restricted to only an organization or an industry. These days, most of the companies have migrated to private clouds due to security concerns. Virtual private cloud is being used that operate by a hosting company.
(14) What is public cloud?
The public clouds are open to the people for use and deployment. Take a simple example: facebook, Google, Amazon etc. The public clouds focus on a few layers like cloud application, infrastructure providing and providing platform markets.
(15) What are Hybrid clouds?
Hybrid clouds are the combination of public clouds and private clouds. They are specifically preferred over both the clouds. This is simply because it applies most robust approach to implement cloud architecture. Also, it includes the functionalities and features of both the worlds. Lastly, it allows organisations to create their own cloud and allow them to give the control over to someone else as well.
- 11 Reasons Why Hybrid Cloud Computing is Best
- How I Got Rid of My Hybrid Cloud Tech Management Headache
16) What is the difference between cloud computing and mobile computing?
Mobile computing and cloud computing are slightly same in concept. Mobile computing uses the concept of cloud computing . Cloud computing provides users the data which they required while in mobile computing, applications run on the remote server and gives user the access for storage and manage.
17) What is the difference between scalability and elasticity?
First explanation is that Scalability is a characteristic of cloud computing. It is used to handle the increasing workload. How do they do this? Its by increasing in proportion amount of resource capacity. Therefore, by making use of scalability, the architecture provides on demand resources. This happens if the requirement is being raised by the traffic.
On the other hand, Elasticity is a characteristic which provides the concept of commissioning and decommissioning of large amount of resource capacity dynamically. This is simply measured by the speed by which the resources are coming on demand as well as the usage of the resources.
18) What are the security benefits of cloud computing?
Cloud computing authorizes the application service, so it is used in identity management. Secondly, it provides permissions to the users so that they can control the access of another user who is entering into the cloud environment.
19) What is the usage of utility computing?
Utility computing is a plug-in managed by an organization which decides what type of services has to be deployed from the cloud. It facilitates users to pay only for what they use. This particular question are among the Popular Cloud Computing Interview Questions & Answer.
20) What is “EUCALYPTUS” in cloud computing? Why is it used?
Eucalyptus is an acronym stands for Elastic Utility Computing Architecture For Linking Your Program To Useful Systems. It is an open source software infrastructure in cloud computing and used to implement clusters in cloud computing platform. It creates public, private and hybrid cloud. They facilitate a user to create his own data center into a private cloud and use its functionalities to many other organizations.
21) Explain System integrators in cloud computing.
System integrator provides a strategy of a complicated process used to design a cloud platform. It creates more accurate hybrid and private cloud network because integrator have all the knowledge about the data center creation.
22) What are the open source cloud computing platform databases?
MongoDB, CouchDB, LucidDB are the example of open source cloud computing platform database.
23) Give some example of large cloud provider and databases?
Cloud based SQL
24) What is the difference between cloud and traditional datacenters?
The cost of the traditional datacenter is higher than cloud because in traditional databases, there is overheating problems and some software and hardware issue.
25) What are the different in Software as a Service (SaaS)?
Simple Multi-tenancy:In this mode, Every user has independent resources and are uniquely different from other users. This is an efficient mode.
Fine grain multi-tenancy:: In this mode, the resources can be shared by many users but the functionality remains the same.
26) Why API’s is used in cloud services?
API’s (Application Programming Interfaces) is used in cloud platform because:
- First, it provide an alternative way that you don’t need to write the fully fledged program.
- Secondly, it makes communication between one or more applications.
- Thirdly, it creates applications and link the cloud services with other systems.
27) What are the advantages of cloud services?
Following are the main advantages of cloud services:
- Cost saving: It helps in the utilization of investment in the corporate sector. So, it is cost saving.
- Scalable and Robust: It helps in the developing scalable and robust applications. Previously, the scaling took months, but now, scaling takes less time.
- Time saving: It helps in saving time in terms of deployment and maintenance.
28) What are the different datacenters in cloud computing?
- Containerized datacenter
- Low density datacenter
29) What do you mean by CaaS?
CaaS is a terminology used in telecom industry as Communication As a Service. CaaS offers the enterprise user features such as desktop call control, unified messaging and desktop faxing.
30) What do you mean by VPN? What does it contain?
VPN stands for Virtual Private Network. VPN is a private cloud that manage the security of the data during the communication in the cloud environment. With VPN, you can make a public network as private network.
31) What are the basic clouds in cloud computing?
There are three basic clouds in cloud computing:
- Professional cloud
- Personal cloud
- Performance cloud
The basic Popular Cloud Computing Interview Questions & Answer are among the ones asked.
32) What are the most essential things that must be followed before going for cloud computing platform?
- Loss of data
- Data storage
- Business continuity
- Data integrity in cloud computing
33) Which services are provided by Window azure operating system?
There are three core services provided by Window azure operating system:
34) What is the usage of virtualization platform in implementing cloud?
The main usage of virtualization platform in implementing cloud is:
- It is used to manage the service level policies.
- Cloud Operating System.
- Virtualization platforms help to keep the backend level and user level concepts different from each other.
35) We source cloud computing platform databases?
Following are the open source cloud computing platform databases:
36) What are some large cloud providers and databases?
Following are the mostly used large cloud providers and databases:
- Google bigtable
- Amazon simpleDB
- Cloud based SQL
37) How would you secure data for transport in cloud?
There is a new discovery about data transportation. These days, these are the most obvious questions that are reoccurring. Make sure that the cloud data is secure. However, to ensure that, please check that there is no data leak with the encryption key. These are implemented with the data you sending while the data moves from point A to point B in cloud. Get a scholarship here.
Written above are the Popular Cloud Computing Interview Questions & Answer. More details are available on the articles below.