Cloud providers service should support more security standards and compliance certification than any other offering, including PCI-DSS, HIPAA/HITECH, FedRAMP, GDPR, FIPS 140-2 etc.
However, all these security risks do not always come up because of you or anything inherently insecure about the cloud, but because of using the cloud in an insecure way.
In the light of this, Gartner predicts that through 2021 to 2022, at least 95% of cloud security issues will arise. This is because of user errors leading to misconfigured resources causing security vulnerabilities.
Recent Cloud Security Breaches
In the beginning of this year, the Jones Dow revealed that more than 2.5 million financial records were exposed because one of their AWS Elasticsearch instances was not fully password protected. They also allowed public access to it.
As if that was not enough, in another incident, more than 500 million people’s personal Facebook data was found on S3 storage buckets with global read/write permissions owned by a third party called Cultura Collectiva.
Companies that are welcoming multi-cloud architectures and public cloud really do need to re-evaluate their cloud security strategy. They also need to focus on building automated processes that not only detect security risks in real-time but also help to fix them.
In addition, Security admins also need to make sure their cloud environments meet regulatory compliance standards such as HIPAA, GDPR, PCI-DSS, and so on. With that in mind, this is where Xi Beam can help you significantly improve your overall cloud security posture.
- Working Safely from Home – Online Security Measures in this Pandemic
- Importance of Web App Security over the Increasing Web Application Attacks
- Hybrid Cloud Security Puzzle: Integrated Solutions for Cloud Computing
- Make Sure Your Security Policies Survive the Transition to the Cloud
- Best Methods to Improve Information Security in Companies
Cloud Security Compliance with Xi Beam
Xi Beam helps you gain real-time visibility and control over your multi-cloud security health by automating 250+ security audits based on industry best practices and Beam’s recommendations to improve your cloud infrastructure security. You can also create your own custom audits to meet your specific security compliance needs.
- Cloud services configuration change
- New users are on-boarded
- Compute instances, Databases or storage buckets are spun up, etc.
- Early access to real-time security compliance alerts
- HIPAA, PCI-DSS, CIS audit reports
- RI recommendations to reduce costs
- Budget alerts and chargeback reports
In summary, the Beam also lists out the exact steps needed to remediate any security issues that may have been detected. Also, for several security audits, Beam helps you to immediately improve your cloud security by remediating security vulnerabilities with just one-click!
New Topics related to cloud security compliance
- Top cloud security compliance checklist
- Complete cloud security compliance standards
- Cloud security compliance and governance
- Google cloud compliance
- Security compliance certification
- List of Cloud compliance solutions
- Cloud compliance standards
- Cloud Compliance Challenges
- AWS security compliance
Finally, Cloud compliance regularly undergo independent verification of their security, privacy, and compliance controls, achieving certifications for better development. The bottom line is that in the traditional on-premise data center, you are responsible for your entire network – your security controls, hardware, and traffic.