Are you a foreigner looking to jobs abroad? If your answer is yes, then this healthcare jobs and visa guide is tailored to your needs. Did you know that having a medical certificate can open doors to job opportunities in the United States?
In this article, we will provide valuable tips to assist foreign applicants in securing a healthcare assistant job in the U.S.
So, be sure to read through this article to access all the essential information you require. Without further delay, let’s dive right in.
Jobs as Healthcare Assistants in the USA
A healthcare assistant is someone who cares for patients and assists medical doctors in their work. They handle various tasks, such as preparing medications and assisting with checkups.
Additionally, they may be responsible for cleaning and maintaining patient areas. If you are seeking employment in the USA, consider a healthcare assistant position.
This job offers an excellent opportunity to gain experience and earn money while traveling across the country. Moreover, there are numerous healthcare assistant jobs in the USA that can pave the way for your future as an American immigrant. Therefore, if you are interested in a healthcare assistant job in the USA, here is a list of some of the best opportunities:
A medical assistant assists doctors during surgeries and medical examinations. Additionally, they manage patients’ medical records and be sure the highest quality of care for patients.
If you have experience working with patients and aspire to join the medical field, this is an excellent choice for you.
In-Home Care Assistant
Home health aides support doctors by delivering care to people older than 70 or frail patients who reside in their own homes.
Front Desk Coordinator
A receptionist/scheduler is responsible for managing billing, appointment scheduling, and offering other administrative support. Additionally, they are responsible for preparing patients for their appointments or visits.
Healthcare Assistant Work Hours
In the US, healthcare assistants typically work a 40-hour week. Moreover, some healthcare assistants may be required to work an additional 10-12 hours per week as needed or on call.
Importantly, healthcare assistants have opportunities for career advancement and may receive exceptional benefits.
Typically, healthcare assistants in the US earn between $15 and $18 per hour, which is lower than the average salary for healthcare workers in other countries.
Healthcare Assistant Health Coverage in the USA
Are you searching for healthcare assistant positions in the USA? If so, you have come to the right spot. Healthcare assistants are employed in hospitals, clinics, and various healthcare facilities.
They support doctors and assist patients by performing tasks like recording vital signs and preparing patients for surgery. Opportunities for healthcare assistant jobs in the USA are available to foreign applicants.
However, to be eligible for these positions, you must possess a valid work visa. Therefore, if you are a healthcare assistant with a valid work visa, you are eligible to apply for healthcare assistant positions in the USA.
Additionally, healthcare assistants typically require a high school diploma or equivalent work experience, such as one year in a related role.
Furthermore, healthcare assistants have the opportunity to undergo training to become registered nurses or certified nurse assistants.
USA Healthcare Assistant Qualities and Requirements
Becoming a qualified healthcare assistant in the US is good. Here are key qualities and requirements:
- Strong communication, customer service, and organizational skills.
- Valid driver’s license and insurance.
- Ability to manage high-stress situations and work overtime.
- Passion for delivering exceptional patient care.
If you possess these qualities and seek a healthcare career, apply now.
Applying for a Healthcare Assistant Position in the USA as Jobs Seeker
If you are interested in applying for a healthcare assistant job in the USA, you are in the right place. This article will provide you with step-by-step guidance on the application process:
- Begin by creating a profile on https://www.indeed.com/.
- List all your previous jobs and relevant healthcare assistant experience on the site.
- Create a tailored resume specifically for healthcare assistant positions.
- Highlight your experience in the field and emphasize any skills that make you a standout candidate for a healthcare assistant job in the USA.
- Lastly, send your resume and a cover letter to prospective employers.
Additionally, remember to follow up with any employers who contact you for a job interview. If you are looking for a healthcare assistant job in the USA, today is your lucky day.
Having skilled professionals in your field is more critical than ever in today’s economy. That is why we have compiled a list of the best healthcare assistant jobs in the United States that are available to foreigners in this article.
Whether you aspire to work as a nurse assistant, medical transcriptionist, or clinical auditor, these positions offer competitive pay and benefits.
If you are enthusiastic about joining the healthcare team in America, do not hesitate to apply now.
About the Healthcare Jobs Employer
Weill Medical School
Weill Medical College offers a wide array of Healthcare Assistant positions.
If you are looking Healthcare Assistant jobs in the USA, Weill Medical College is the ideal destination for you.
Their job openings are well-suited for people aspiring to begin a career in the healthcare field.
With their years of experience, they can provide you with the training and support necessary for success.
Do not wait any longer – apply now and embark on your path to a rewarding career as a Healthcare Assistant.
- Employer: Weill Medical College
- Job Title: Medical Assistant
- Requirements: GNM Nursing
- Industry: Private
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Working Hours: 8 Hours
- Salary: $21 – $25 per Hour
- Location: New York City, New York, United States 10021.
List of Top 25 Healthcare Jobs in USA
The United States has a wide range of healthcare jobs across various specialties and levels of education and training. Here is a list of some common healthcare jobs in the USA:
- Physician (MD or DO): Medical doctors who diagnose and treat patients, including primary care physicians, specialists, and surgeons.
- Nurse (RN or LPN): Registered Nurses (RNs) and Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) provide patient care in various settings, including hospitals, clinics, and long-term care facilities.
- Nurse Practitioner (NP): Advanced practice nurses who can diagnose and treat medical conditions, prescribe medications, and provide primary and specialty care.
- Physician Assistant (PA): Healthcare professionals who practice medicine under the supervision of a physician, often performing tasks such as diagnosing, treating, and prescribing medications.
- Pharmacist: Professionals who dispense medications, provide medication counseling, and ensure safe and effective drug use.
- Dentist: Healthcare providers who diagnose and treat dental and oral health issues.
- Dental Hygienist: Assist dentists in providing dental care, including cleaning teeth and educating patients on oral hygiene.
- Physical Therapist (PT): Therapists who help patients improve mobility and manage pain through physical rehabilitation.
- Occupational Therapist (OT): Professionals who help patients regain skills needed for daily activities and work.
- Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP): Specialists who diagnose and treat speech and language disorders.
- Radiologic Technologist: Professionals who operate imaging equipment like X-ray machines, CT scanners, and MRI machines.
- Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) or Medical Technologist (MT): Technicians and technologists who perform lab tests to help diagnose and treat diseases.
- Respiratory Therapist: Healthcare providers who assist patients with breathing disorders and manage respiratory care.
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA): Assist nurses with patient care tasks, including bathing, dressing, and feeding.
- Paramedic or EMT (Emergency Medical Technician): First responders who provide emergency medical care and transportation.
- Medical Assistant: Professionals who perform administrative and clinical tasks to support healthcare providers.
- Phlebotomist: Specialists trained to draw blood for tests, transfusions, or donations.
- Health Information Technician (HIT) or Health Information Manager (HIM): Manage patient health records and ensure data accuracy and privacy.
- Hospital Administrator: Oversee the management and operations of healthcare facilities.
- Mental Health Counselor or Therapist: Provide counseling and therapy services to individuals, couples, and families dealing with mental health issues.
- Social Worker (Clinical or Non-Clinical): Help individuals and families access resources and support for social and emotional challenges.
- Nutritionist or Dietitian: Experts in diet and nutrition who provide dietary guidance and counseling.
- Chiropractor: Healthcare providers who focus on spinal health and musculoskeletal disorders.
- Optometrist: Eye care professionals who diagnose and treat vision problems and prescribe eyeglasses or contact lenses.
- Podiatrist: Specialize in diagnosing and treating foot and ankle problems.
This list represents a variety of healthcare careers in the United States, and there are many other specialized roles within the healthcare industry as well. Each profession has its own educational and licensing requirements.
List of Healthcare Companies in United States of America to Apply for Jobs
The United States has a vast and diverse healthcare industry with numerous healthcare companies operating in various sectors. Here is a list of some well-known healthcare companies in the USA, organized by sector:
Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies for Jobs:
- Pfizer Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- AbbVie Inc.
- Amgen Inc.
- Gilead Sciences, Inc.
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Biogen Inc.
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Healthcare Services and Managed Care Companies for Jobs:
- UnitedHealth Group Inc.
- Anthem, Inc.
- Aetna (a CVS Health company)
- Cigna Corporation
- Humana Inc.
- Centene Corporation
- Molina Healthcare, Inc.
- HCA Healthcare, Inc.
- Tenet Healthcare Corporation
- Universal Health Services, Inc.
Hospital Systems and Healthcare Job Providers:
- Mayo Clinic
- Cleveland Clinic
- Kaiser Permanente
- Mount Sinai Health System
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- MD Anderson Cancer Center
Medical Device and Equipment Manufacturers:
- Medtronic plc
- Abbott Laboratories
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc.
- Becton, Dickinson and Company (BD)
- Stryker Corporation
- Siemens Healthineers
- GE Healthcare
- Philips Healthcare
Health Information Technology (HealthTech) Healthcare Jobs Companies:
- Epic Systems Corporation
- Cerner Corporation
- Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, Inc.
- Athenahealth (a Veritas Capital company)
- McKesson Corporation
- NextGen Healthcare, Inc.
- OptumInsight (a subsidiary of UnitedHealth Group)
- Change Healthcare
Health Insurance Companies:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Association
- Health Care Service Corporation (HCSC)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
- Blue Shield of California
- Highmark Inc.
- Independence Blue Cross
- CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
- Florida Blue (Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida)
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois
In conclusion, this article urgently invites foreign applicants to seize the opportunity and apply for Healthcare Assistant positions in the United States. These roles offer a pathway to a rewarding career in the healthcare industry, with the chance to make a positive impact on patients’ lives. With the demand for skilled healthcare professionals on the rise, there has never been a better time to explore the possibilities that await in the U.S. healthcare sector.
Related Articles to Healthcare Jobs
- Opportunities for Foreigners in US Accounting Jobs – Apply Today
- Finding USA Factory Jobs with Visa Sponsorship that Employs Immigrants
- Smaller Businesses Offering Jobs with Visa Support in the USA
- 20 Online Jobs for Students with No Investment to Support Themselves
- Top 15 Jobs for Deaf People with Partial Hearing Loss: Employment Opportunities