Let AWS Solutions Architects start you on your journey to secure your cloud resources. AWS: Getting Started with Cloud Security – eDX Computer Science Courses.
Interested in this course for your Business or Team?
Train your employees in the most in-demand topics, with edX for Business.
About this course
Two of Amazon Web Services’ Solutions Architects will provide you with a basic understanding of cloud protection, enforcement and the model of shared accountability for AWS in this course.
More technical material will then be addressed by looking at different security controls, such as identity and access management systems, directory services, network isolation and communication options, auditing, tracking, encryption, and secret management.
A variety of AWS services will be covered in this course, including Amazon VPC, Amazon CloudWatch, AWS CloudTrail, Amazon GuardDuty, AWS Security Portal, Amazon S3, Amazon EBS, Amazon EC2, and AWS Secrets Manager.
Throughout the course, many presentations are presented to provide a realistic illustration of the concepts that have been explored. Class discussions will provide you with an opportunity to connect with fellow students and training staff from AWS.
What you’ll learn
- How the AWS Shared Responsibility Model is used to differentiate between security of the cloud and security in the cloud
- Secondly, how to use network isolation to protect cloud resources
- Thirdly, how to audit and monitor applications using services such as Amazon CloudWatch, Amazon GuardDuty and AWS Security Hub
- The difference between encryption of data at rest and data in transit
- How to protect compute resources
- How to manage secrets
Trending IT & Business Courses
- 16 Best Ethical Hacking Courses on Udemy in 2021
- [Udemy] 15 Best SQL Courses and Certifications 2021
- Top Best Android Development Courses on Udemy 
- IIBA Certifications – International Institute of Business Analysis
- IIBA Specialized Business Analysis Certifications Guide
- Top IIBA Core Business Analysis Certifications Guide
Security Course Syllabus
- Introduction to Week 1
- The AWS Shared Responsibility Model
- Creating an Account
- Multiple Accounts
- Identity & Access Services (part 1)
- Identity & Access Services (part 2)
- Introduction to Week 2
- Network Isolation
- Network Isolation with VPC
- VPC Endpoint and Private Link
- Detective Controls
- Monitoring CloudWatch and CloudWatch Logs
- Monitoring Guard Duty and Security Hub
- Demo: AWS Config
- Introduction to Week 3
- Data Types
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Databse Encryption
- Amazon S3
- EBS Encryption
- Demo: Cross Acount Access to S3
- Introduction to Week 4
- Protecting Compute Resources
- Protecting the Endpoint
- Managing Secrets
- Demo: AWS Secrets Manager
- The Well-Architected Tool
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills
- Official and Verified: Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution’s logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
- Easily Shareable: Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
- Proven Motivator: Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
- Support AWS Mission: edX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally
IT Certifications in-Demand
- 2021 Best Salary Paying IT Certifications in-Demand
- Container 101 Tutorials: Kubernetes Technology
- Microsoft Certifications with Highest Salary in Demand 2021
- Most in-Demand IT Certifications for Beginners & Pros
- 10 Best Udemy Kubernetes Courses & Tutorials 
Frequently asked questions
Q. Does this course have any prerequisites?
A. For this course, there are no necessary prerequisites. We suggest, however, that leaners have a general understanding of the principles of cloud computing and protection.
Q. Is it a prerequisite prior to taking this course that I complete the AWS Technical Developer Series on edX?
A. No, this is not a prerequisite.
Q. Are there any expenditures applicable to this course?
A. Learners can participate in an Audit Track or Verified Certificate Track for the course. The audit track is complementary, but has limitations. The track costs $49 for the Verified Credential and offers complete access to course material for the duration. For more information, please visit edx.org.
Q. How much time would it take for this course?
A. Learners should expect to spend 2-4 hours a week on this course, if they follow the weekly schedule. Learners can, however, complete the course at their own pace.
Q. For this course, can I obtain a certificate?
A. Upon successful completion of the course, learners participating in the Validated Credential route will receive a certificate.
Q. For this course, what is the grading policy?
A. All students are required to take weekly quizzes that are not graded and allow unlimited retries.
- The final course assessment in the course can be taken by learners on the Checked Certificate track. It is necessary to pass the final examination to receive the Confirmed Certificate.
- The Audit Track learners will not have access to the final examination and will not be eligible to receive a certificate.
Register Courses for this Year
- Coursera Cyber Security Courses Online Free and Paid Classes
- 15 Best Cyber Security Courses | Coursera Online Free Training
- 10 Free Kubernetes Courses Online Tutorials [Udemy]
Q. In this course, how are discussions used?
A. There are discussion groups for this course corresponding with and week of the course. We allow learners to ask questions or give input and recommendations. The discussion groups will be supervised by AWS Teachers to answer questions related to the activities and subjects discussed in the course.
Q. When’s the course content going to be available?
A. When the course opens, all course material will be available. Since AWS regularly publishes service updates and new features/functions, the content of the course can need to be changed over its lifetime. A note will be posted on the course home page if the course material is changed.
Q. Is this course going to help me prepare for an AWS Certification?
A. Usually, obtaining an AWS Credential requires both expertise and practise. Although this course will provide you with baseline cloud security knowledge if taken in isolation, it will not prepare you to receive an AWS Certification. Visit aws.amazon.com/certification for more information about AWS Certifications, including recommended criteria for training and experience.
Who can take this course?
Unfortunately, learners will not be able to register for this course from one or more of the following countries or regions: Iran, Cuba and Ukraine’s Crimea region. Although edX has demanded U.S. licences, In order to sell our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licences we have earned are not broad enough to allow us to offer this course in all locations.
The Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) EdX deeply regrets that U.S. sanctions prohibit us from offering everyone, no matter where they live, any of our courses.
- Length:4 Weeks
- Effort:2–4 hours per week
Add a Verified Certificate for $49 USD
- Institution: AWS
- Subject: Computer Science
- Video Transcript:English
- Course Type:Self-paced on your time
- Prerequisites: None
AWS Cloud Security Certification – eDX Computer Science Courses
- Best aws cloud security certification
- Top aws cloud security tools for Computer Science Courses
- Latest aws security best practices
- Download aws security tutorial
- Dowload aws security whitepaper
- aws security architecture
- aws security jobs of Computer Science Courses
- cloud security compliance