Advanced SQL MCQ Questions for students and workers: These are some important Database MCQ Questions and answers (Advanced SQL). This section of this page provides multiple-choice questions and answers based on advanced query optimization. The main goal is to give you an avenue to find objective type Database Advanced SQL questions and answers for interview and entrance examination.
On the long run, you can use them in an interview to secure a job. There’s currently no video explanation on this topic on this website. But, you can subscribe your email to get new updates.
- Popular Cloud Computing Interview Questions & Answer
- Web Developer Interview Questions and Answers – PDF Entry Level
- 100 Core Java Interview Questions | Basic, OOPs Concepts, Static
Now, let’s dive in to Advanced SQL MCQ Questions.
Advanced SQL Multiple Choice Questions and Answers PDF Download
1) What type of join do you need when you want to include rows with values that don’t match?
- Outer Join
- Natural Join
- All of the above.
Explanation: Outer Join returns all rows that match the specified condition, including unmatched rows from one or both tables. With that, option (B) is the right answer because the outer join is the only join that can display unmatched records.
2) Which of the following option matched a CASE SQL statement?
- A way to establish an IF-THEN-ELSE in SQL.
- A way to establish a loop in SQL.
- Single way to establish a data definition in SQL.
- None of the above.
Explanation: The CASE expression is a control flow function that evaluates a set of conditions and displays the output when the first condition is met. Presently, it is primarily used to handle conditional statements, same as IF-THEN-ELSE statements in other programming languages. So, option (A) is the right answer.
3) Which of the following is an illegal data type in SQL?
Explanation: The NUMBER data type is used for defining exact or approximate numeric values. Secondly, the CLOB stands for Character Large Object used for storing a large amount of textual data. Furthermore, BLOB stands for Binary Large Object that acts as a reference or pointer to an object such as a file, image, video, etc. Lastly, LINT is a SQL dialect linter. Note that it highlights mistakes, explains what’s wrong with them, why they might be wrong, and what you can do as developers to fix them. Therefore, option (D) is the right answer.
4) The view is updated immediately if the actual relations used in the view definition change. These views are referred to as _________.
- Instant views
- Instantaneous views
- Materialized views
- Materialistic views
Explanation: A materialized view is a table stored on the disk containing the data from the result set of a query. In addition, it helps to keep the database up-to-date. Lastly, views are called Materialized views when the actual relations used in the view definition change, and the view is updated immediately.
5) The part of SQL that deals with the SQL support constructs are called _______.
- Persistent Construct Dealer
- Persistent Supports Centre
- Primary Storage Medium
- Persistent Storage Module
Explanation: Persistent Storage Module (SQL/PSM) is a feature that allows users to extend the basic SQL functionality with their own additions.
6) Which of the following is true regarding a correlated subquery?
- First of all, it Uses the result of an outer query to determine the processing of an inner query.
- Secondly, they use the result of an inner query to determine the processing of an outer query.
- Thirdly, it uses the result of an inner query to determine the processing of an inner query.
- Lastly, it uses the result of an outer query to determine the processing of an outer query.
Explanation: Correlated subqueries are used for row-by-row processing. Considerably, it referenced a column in the outer query and evaluated once for each row. This is also processed by the outer query (parent statement). Examples include; SELECT, UPDATE, or DELETE statement. On the other hand, uncorrelated subqueries evaluate the subquery first and then determine the processing of the outer query.
7) Whenever a database is modified, the system executes a statement called _________.
Explanation: Now, a trigger is a set of SQL queries that reside in a system catalog. It is a special type of stored procedure that is invoked automatically in response to an event. Therefore, option (B) is correct because the trigger is a statement that the system executes whenever a database is modified.
8) A transaction starts when_________?
- A COMMIT statement is issued
- A ROLLBACK statement is issued
- A CREATE statement is used
- All of the above
Explanation: A transaction has a statement to begin and end both. It starts when one of the following events takes place CREATE, COMMIT, ROLLBACK, etc. Hence option (D) is correct.
9) Which of the below sequential statements cannot be used in a function?
Explanation: A function can use any type of sequential statements, such as an IF, CASE, LOOP, NEXT, EXIT, or NULL statement. However, it has one exception: it does not allow to work with WAIT statement because it cannot be used inside a function. Additionally, the WAIT statement is used to schedule system work.
10) In the data type TIME(p), what does p stands for?
- The amount of delay required to be added to the time
- The maximum number of allowed hours
- The number of fractional digits for the seconds
- None of the above
Explanation: The SQL TIME data type represents a day’s time using a 24-hour clock. The p indicates the number of digits for the fractional part of the seconds. However, its value ranges from 0 to 7. Therefore, if we do not specify the p, it will be 7 by default. Hence option (C) is the correct answer.
11) Which of the following is a privilege in SQL standard?
- All of the above
Explanation: A privilege allows users to perform a set of activities on a particular database object. Privileges are divided into two categories:
- System Privileges: This indicates that the user has the ability to CREATE, ALTER, or “DROP” database components.
- Object Privileges: This enables the user to EXECUTE, SELECT, INSERT, or DELETE data from database objects with privileges.
12) Which of the following indicates another name for referential integrity constraints?
- Functional dependencies
- Subset dependencies
- Superset dependencies
- Primary dependencies
Explanation: Referential integrity specify a relation between two tables. Each table must have a primary key. Furthermore, it is also called subset dependencies because the set of foreign key values in table1 of table2 must be a subset of the set of primary key values in table2.
13) Triggers are stored blocks of code that have to be called in order to operate.
Explanation: Option (B) is correct because the trigger is a set of SQL statements that resides in system memory with unique names and is executed automatically when a database server event occurs.
14) Outer join is the same as equi-join, except one of the duplicate columns in the result table is removed.
Explanation: An equijoin is a join in which the equal comparison operator is used to match the keys of both tables. In contrast, outer join is a join where rows in one table that do not have a matching row in another table are selected with NULL values for the unknown columns.
15) A transaction is a collection of closely related update commands that must all be completed, or none at all, for the database to be valid.
Explanation: A transaction is a group of statements to perform single or multiple tasks in a database. Each transaction must happen two things in SQL:
- Either all modification is successful when the transaction is committed.
- Or, all modifications are undone when the transaction is rollback.
Related Topics: Advanced SQL MCQ Questions
- First, look for sql tough mcq questions
- Secondly, locate sql multiple choice questions with answers doc
- Download advanced sql questions and answers pdf
- Sql mcq questions and answers pdf
- Advanced database multiple choice questions with answers
- Hackerrank sql mcq questions and answers
- RDMS MCQ questions and answers pdf download
- Lastly, the sql quiz advanced