The Wema Bank USSD Transfer Code is a service that lets you perform banking transactions using your mobile phone. It includes the Wema Bank USSD code and the Wema Bank transfer code. With this service, you can transfer funds, check balances, and more. To get started, you need to register and activate the service. Once activated, you will have access to a list of USSD codes for various Wema Bank transactions.
Wema Bank, a prominent commercial bank in Nigeria, provides a USSD code service, enabling customers to conduct banking transactions easily through their mobile phones. This service not only adds convenience to banking but also plays a vital role in enhancing financial inclusion in the country. By reaching out to the unbanked and underbanked population, it empowers more people to access essential financial services and participate in the formal economy.
If you want to use the Wema Bank code for various transactions like money transfers, checking your account balance, buying airtime, paying bills, or any other banking activity, you are in the right place! As this article gives a break down of every details and profound solution to your questions.
What is USSD?
The USSD stands for Unstructured Supplementary Service Data, and it’s a technology used by mobile network operators to send and receive text messages between a mobile phone and an application on the network. USSD codes are shortcodes that start with an asterisk (*) and end with a hash (#). These codes are used to access various services provided by mobile network operators or third-party service providers.
USSD codes have become a popular method for banks to offer mobile banking services to their customers. With these codes, customers can conveniently access their bank accounts and perform a variety of banking transactions directly from their mobile phones.
What is Wema Bank USSD Code?
The Wema Bank USSD Transfer code is a short code, *945#, that provides access to a range of banking services. Customers can use this code to perform various transactions, including account opening, balance inquiry, fund transfer, airtime recharge, bill payment, cardless withdrawal, and PIN change, all from their mobile phones.
To use the Wema Bank transfer code, you must have an account with the bank and ensure that your mobile number is linked to your account. Each transaction has its unique code and format, which you input to carry out the desired action.
However, before using the code, you need to activate it to start enjoying these services.
How to Register & Activate Wema Bank USSD Code
As a new customer or first-time user, you can activate the Wema Bank USSD code by following these simple steps:
- Dial *945# on the phone number you used to open your Wema Bank account.
- Select “1” to “Open Account” if you haven’t opened an account with Wema Bank yet. If you already have an account, skip to step 3.
- Enter your Wema Bank account number to link your phone number with your account.
- Set your 4-digit USSD PIN.
- Confirm your USSD PIN.
- Once you have successfully set up your USSD PIN, you can start using the Wema USSD code to access banking services.
Once all the steps above are completed, the transfer code for Wema Bank will be activated on your phone. You can now use it for your banking transactions.
How to Use Wema Bank Transfer Code
Once you have registered for the Wema Bank USSD code, using it is easy. Here are the steps to follow:
- Dial *945# on the phone number linked to your Wema Bank account.
- Follow the prompts on the screen to select the transaction you want to carry out. For example, if you want to check your account balance, select option “0” for balance inquiry.
- Enter the required information for the transaction you have selected. For example, if you want to transfer funds, you will need to enter the recipient’s account number and the amount you want to transfer.
- Confirm the transaction details.
- Enter your USSD PIN to authorize the transaction.
- Wait for the transaction to be processed. You will receive a confirmation message once the transaction is complete.
Also, there are shortcodes to perform quick and direct transactions on your Wema Bank account. Check them out in the list below.
List of Wema Bank USSD Transfer Codes
Here is a list of the Wema Bank code:
|Transfer to Wema Bank/Other Banks||*945*Beneficiary Account Number*Amount#|
|Airtime Top Up for Self||*945*Amount#|
|Airtime Top Up for Others||*945*Phone Number*Amount#|
|Pay Cable Bills||*945*10#|
|Pay Electricity Bills||*945*24#|
|Cardless Withdrawal/Pay Merchant||*945*57# and *945*58#|
|Pay School Bills||*945*70# and *945*71#|
|Change USSD PIN||*945*00#|
|Change Account Number||*945*2*Old Acct Number*New Acct Number#|
Wema Bank USSD Code for Checking Balance
*945*0# is the Wema Bank code to check your account balance. Once dialed, enter your PIN, and the money you have left in your Wema Bank account will be displayed on your screen.
Wema Bank USSD Transfer Code
945Account Number*Amount# is the Wema USSD code that allows customers to transfer money from their Wema Bank account to other Wema Bank accounts and accounts in other banks. After dialing the code, you need to select the recipient’s bank and then enter your PIN to authorize the transfer.
For example, if you want to send N30,000 to an account with the account number 0011223344 at GT Bank, you can simply dial 9450011223344*30000#.
Wema Bank USSD Code for Opening an Account
*945*1# is the USSD code for Wema Bank account opening. After dialing, accept the mobile banking terms and continue following the prompts to create an account with Wema Bank.
Wema Bank Code for Buying Airtime
945Amount# is the Wema Bank code to buy airtime for yourself, specifically for the SIM card linked to your Wema Bank account. On the other hand, 945Phone Number*Amount# is the code to buy airtime for other phone numbers or SIM cards.
For example, if you want to recharge N1,200 for yourself, you can dial 9451,200#, and your line will be credited with a N1,200 recharge. If you want to recharge another phone number, let’s say 08100001111, with N1,200, you simply dial 94508100001111*1200#, and then enter your PIN to authorize the transaction.
Wema Bank USSD Code for Withdrawal
*945*57# is the USSD code for Wema Bank’s cardless withdrawal. Just dial the code and follow the prompts.
Wema Bank USSD Code for Bill Payments
*945*24# and *945*10# is the USSD code for Wema bank bill payments. After dialing, select your biller and follow the screen instructions, then enter your PIN to complete the transaction.
Wema Bank BVN USSD Code
*945*4# is the Wema Bank code to get/retrieve your BVN.
USSD Wema Bank Code to Block Account
*945*911# is the USSD code on Wema Bank for deactivating your account. Just dial the code and follow the screen option.
Benefits of Using Wema Bank USSD Code
Using the Wema Bank USSD code has several benefits, including:
- Convenience: With the USSD code, you can perform transactions from anywhere, at any time, using your mobile phone. You don’t need to visit a bank branch or ATM.
- Accessibility: The Wema Bank USSD code is easy to use and accessible to all Wema Bank customers who have registered for the service, regardless of their location or network provider.
- Speed: Transactions using the USSD code are usually process instantly, allowing you to save time and complete transactions quickly.
- Security: The USSD transfer code for Wema is a secure method of banking as it requires you to enter your PIN to confirm transactions, ensuring that your account is protected from unauthorized access.
- Cost-Effective: The USSD code is a cost-effective method of banking as it attracts lower transaction charges compared to other banking methods such as ATM withdrawals or branch transactions.
- Wide Range of Services: With the Wema transfer code, you can access a wide range of services such as account balance inquiry, funds transfer, airtime recharge, bill payments, and more, making it a versatile banking solution.
Wema Bank Transfer Code – FAQs
What is the new USSD Code for Wema Bank?
*945# is the new USSD code for Wema Bank. This code can be use to perform any mobile banking transactions on a registered number.
How do I set up Wema Bank Mobile Banking?
You can at up your Wema Bank USSD mobile banking by simply dialing *945# using the phone number/line linked to your Wema Bank bank account, and follow the prompts.
How can I Check my Wema Bank Details?
You can check your Wema Bank details on your phone by dialing *945*0#, and your Wema Bank Bank details including account balance, will appear on your screen.
What is the Wema Bank Transfer Code to Other Banks?
*945*Account Number*Amount# is the Wema Bank USSD transfer code to other banks.
How do I Check my Wema Bank USSD Transaction History?
To check your Wema Bank USSD transaction history, all you need to do is dial 9450#.
Is There a Charge for Using the Wema Bank USSD Code?
That’s correct. While using the Wema Bank USSD code, there might be charges associated with certain services, and the cost can vary depending on the specific transaction being performed. However, in general, the charges for using USSD codes are typically lower compared to other traditional banking methods
Absolutely, Wema Bank USSD codes offer a convenient and secure way to access banking services in Nigeria. By using the Wema 945 code, customers can perform various tasks like checking account balances, transferring money, and paying bills. It is an easy and accessible method that can save you time and money.
If you have a mobile phone and a registered Wema Bank account, using the USSD code for Wema Banking services is highly recommended.
- Unity Bank USSD Code List: What it is and how to use it for.
- First Bank Nigeria PLC, Their Services, Sort and USSD codes
- Ecobank USSD Transfer Code- It’s Features, Benefits and Activation
- USSD Transfer Codes: List of Nigerian Banks Code to Transfer Money
- USSD Code for Heritage Bank: How to Check Balance and Make Transfers
- Access Bank USSD Code: How to Enroll and Transfer Money Using its Code