A pet’s good health is the joy of every happy family, that is why you should be informed of this pet insurance care guide. – You can rest easy knowing your cats, kitten, dogs or puppies are protected from injury. Simply contact the best Insurance company of your choice to get a quote. You can easily access Flexible animal Insurance Plans but you must choose the one that fits your pocket.
Scroll down to see more about Dog and cat Insurance Cost, Coverage and How to file Claim for Your Pet.
Just because we had insurance for our pet, we were able to do the targeted therapy for our dog ‘Pinnacle’ at no cost to us. I’ve never been so happy in my life to have secured the best insurance! It was a twice-daily trip for a week, 2 hours each way, that we would never have been able to swing if our insurance wasn’t there for us.
Most Insurers offers the flexibility to select various levels of coverage with no breed exclusions or upper age limits. Make sure that the company you choose also offer innovative, industry-leading benefits, and competitive rates with discounts.
With both individual plans and coverage through employers, there’s an affordable option for every pet owner. Therefore, you have to choose any one of the best dog insurance choices for your family.
How Pet Insurance Works Locally
Take your pet to the vet
Visit any licensed vet, emergency clinic or specialist in the U.S. There’s no network of providers to worry about.
Send your claim to your Insurance Company
Pay your pet’s vet bill, and send us your claim along with vet records and invoice from the visit.
Get money back quickly
We will follow-up with your vet for any missing info. Most claims are processed in less than 2 weeks.
Why Do You Need Pet Insurance for Cat and Dog?
Covering your cat, dog or any other pet with a insurance policy is a responsible move, not only for your pup but for your wallet, too. Dog owners can spend $900 to $2,600 a year on routine veterinary care and medications. But this doesn’t include emergency vet visits that, on average, can cost between $150 and $1,200 per issue. Pet insurance can save you hundreds of dollars and provide peace of mind that you can afford care for your fur baby in the moments they need it most.
How Much is the Cost for Dog Insurance?
Most of the insurance companies offers fully customizable insurance policies for all budgets. With insurance policies as low as $15 a month, they usually help ensure you can afford the coverage your pup needs. Learn more with the sample cost breakdown on pet insurance costs.
|Average premium – Dog Breeds||Amount|
|Average premium – Cat Breeds||Amount|
Pet Insurance for Dogs of All Ages
Your new furry addition to the family may come with some unforeseen vet bills. Make sure you ask questions before taking this insurance offer.
Be prepared for any of the accidents or illnesses life might throw at your canine counterpart. This is a good decision to make to help you keep your pet safe.
Senior Dog Insurance
Insurance companies usually cover some of the most common ailments that affect senior dogs such as arthritis, heart disease, and diabetes.
Pet insurance plans cover common conditions that affect puppies from foreign body ingestion, to bite wounds, to distemper, so you can let your new pup play without worrying they’ll need a trip to the vet.
- Parvo: This could cost as much as $1,108 per visit.
- Distemper: This could cost as much as $179 per visit.
- Foreign body ingestion: This could cost as much as $1,060 per visit.
- Diarrhea: This could cost as much as $203 per visit.
- Poisoning: This could cost as much as $684 per visit.
- Patella luxation: This could cost as much as $409 per visit.
- Fractures: This could cost as much as $711 per visit.
- Lacerations: This could cost as much as $397 per visit.
- Bite wounds: This could cost as much as $491 per visit.
- Pancreatitis: This could cost as much as $688 per visit.
4 Reasons to Choose affordable Pet Insurance
- With an affordable plan, you can pet insurance provider that offers family plans, so you can cover all your pets under one policy. All you have to do is to review them properly before buying.
- Most cheap insurers has wait periods that are among the shortest compared to other pet insurance companies.
- Make sure you subscribe to plans that will be there for you through every stage of pet ownership, from puppyhood to the golden years. Ask then if they have an option to cover grief counselling in the event of your pet’s death.
- Ensure you choose the ones that offer optional wellness coverage for routine checkups and vaccines.
What does Cat or Dog Insurance Cover?
- Illnesses (including hereditary, congenital & chronic conditions)
- Diagnostic Tests
- Exam Fees
- Cruciate Ligaments
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL)
- Medial Cruciate Ligament (MCL)
- Holistic Care & Alternative Therapies
- Emergency Care
- Optional Preventive Care coverage (available at an additional cost)
- Pet food, special diet
- Parasite prevention and parasite treatment (available with optional Preventive Care coverage)
- Intervertebral Disc Disease (IVDD)
- Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL)
- Cranial Cruciate Ligament (CCL)
- And Much More!
What is Not Covered in Cat or Dog Insurance
- Elective Procedures
- Expression or removal of anal glands or anal sacculitis
- Breeding or conditions related to breeding
- Vitamins, mineral supplements
- Grooming costs and bathing (incl. medicated baths)
- Illness or injury which arises out of racing, coursing, commercial guarding, or organized fighting of your pet
- Organ Transplants
Pre-existing Conditions May Not Be Covered
Pre-existing conditions — including conditions, illnesses, injuries, or symptoms that occurred prior to the coverage date and/or any applicable waiting period — may not be covered. Learn more about pre-existing conditions, and reference your policy for full details.
- US Federal Official Warns of 30% Unemployment in the United States
- Dog Insurance Coverage Plan and How to File Claims for Your Pet
- Best Cat Insurance Plan and Coverage to File Claims for your Kitten